In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, there are still variant-exclusive Pokémon for players to claim, but not everyone has a friend to trade with in order to catch them all. That’s why our guide will show you which trade codes you need and how to use them.
The Pokedex for Game Freak’s Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is a pretty le chonk-y with 400 Pokémon for others to catch or evolve, taking the overall Pokedex into the four digits.
As always, there are differences between Scarlet and Violet, and one of them is the different Pokémon you can catch. In years past, players were encouraged to trade locally with players who owned the second edition of the game to help fill out their Pokedex.
Nintendo and Game Freak have made it easy for individual players to complete their Pokédex over the years.
So let’s go through the trade codes for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, what they are and what they’ll give you.
Each Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition-Exclusive Trade Code
Depending on the edition you buy, your copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet will contain edition-exclusive Pokémon that won’t appear in the other title.
This means that if you want to catch every Pokémon and have a complete Pokedex to show for your efforts, you will need to trade with a user who has an alternate game, for example if you have Pokémon Scarlet. If so, you have to do business with someone. who has pokemon violet and vice versa
There’s also the remote possibility of trading with someone who already has every Pokémon as well.
Let’s walk through each edition-specific creature in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet and the community-recognized trade codes used:
- if you have armor want more Cerulean: 0166 – 0167
- if you have stonejourner want more iceque: 0319 – 0320
- if you have oranguru want more Passimian: 0313 – 0314
- if you have toros (fire) want more torsos (water): 0223 – 0223
- if you have stinky want more gulpin: 0227 – 0140
- if you have skuntank want more swallow: 0227 – 0140
- if you have Driflon want more misconduct: 0143 – 0114
- if you have Drifblim want more mismagius: 0143 – 0114
- if you have Skrelp want more clancher: 0337 – 0339
- if you have a drag want more clavitzer: 0337 – 0339
- if you have Larvitar want more Brinjal: 0316 – 0276
- if you have Pupeter want more shelgon: 0316 – 0276
- if you have oppressor want more Hello: 0316 – 0276
- if you have dino want more scary: 0370 – 0305
- if you have zweilous want more Draklok: 0370 – 0305
- if you have hydrogen want more dragpult: 0370 – 0305
- if you have great tusk want more iron rails: 0376 – 0382
- if you have scream tail want more iron bag: 0377 – 0383
- if you have ferocious bonnet want more iron hand: 0378 – 0384
- if you have Spandan Mane want more Iron jugulis: 0379 – 0385
- if you have slider wing want more iron worm: 0380 – 0386
- if you have sandy jerks want more iron forks: 0381 – 0387
- if you have roaring moon want more Iron Brave: 0397 – 0398
- if you have Coradon want more Miraidon: 0399 – 0400
Every Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Starter Pokemon Trade Code
Every new generation of Pokémon poses a serious question for trainers: Which starter Pokémon do you choose? The reality is that we want all three at our disposal, but it would be too easy.
So Game Freak forces you to choose between a fire-type, a water-type, and a grass-type, in the case of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: Sprigatito, Fucoco, or Quaxley.
So, if you’ve selected one and want to add the other two to your party, or need them to complete your Pokedex, here are the common trade codes to use:
- if you have Sprigato want more fukoko: 0001 – 0004
- if you have Sprigato want more tactfully: 0001 – 0007
- if you have fukoko want more Sprigato: 0001 – 0004
- if you have fukoko want more tactfully: 0004 – 0007
- if you have tactfully want more Sprigato: 0001 – 0007
- if you have tactfully want more fukoko: 0004 – 0007
how to use trade codes in pokemon scarlet and violet
To use the trade code a player needs to go here poke portal and use link trading Feature in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
We should point out that these trade codes are not officially assigned by Game Freak or Nintendo, but by AustinJohnPlays, a content creator whose trade codes are widely accepted by the community.
For complete instructions on how to use the trade code pokemon scarlet and violetHere’s every step:
- Boot up your version of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
- Make sure your game is connected to the internet and the connection is stable.
- Main menu, in-game, push open why,
- Now, go to poke portal alternative.
- select from here link trading,
- This is the time to enter one of the trade codes we’ve listed above – depending on what you’re looking for.
- Click start searching,
- You must select the Pokémon you want to trade in this transaction.
- Double check that you are happy with what your virtual partner is offering.
- Complete trades and welcome new Pokémon to your collection!
Always remember to double- and triple-check the trade details as it may take several tries until the correct Pokémon is agreed upon.
Covers everything you need to know about trade codes and how they work in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. If you want even more guides for the game, we’ve got you covered:
How to Get Gimmeghoul Roaming Form in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet | Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Tera Raid Battles Explained | How to catch Shiny Pokémon in Scarlet and Violet | How does EXP Share work in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet? , How to catch all the legendaries in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet | How to hatch eggs in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet? Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Stakes Location: All Shrines | Herba Mystica in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet | Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Mystery Gift Code | How to Check IVs in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Image credit: Game Freak