Pokémon Go’s Giovanni is stirring up new problems in December 2022, with the Team Rocket leader now boasting a Shadow Mewtwo thrown in for good measure. If you need help beating Giovanni in Pokémon Go in December 2022, our guide should be of great help to you.
The members of Team Rocket get stronger as players progress in Pokémon Go, and Giovanni is arguably the toughest of them all. Niantic constantly changes the Pokémon it uses and in December 2022, trainers will now have to take on a new line-up featuring Shadow Mewtwo – a more powerful version of its already dominating self.
Due to the type-based combat system in the Pokémon games, each Pokémon can be defeated with an appropriate strategy and counterattack designed to capitalize on weaknesses using carefully selected Pokémon.
Here’s everything you need to beat Giovanni, including weaknesses and the best counters for all of his teams in Pokémon Go.
How to beat Giovanni in Pokemon Go
There is a continuation in every encounter with Giovanni, he will start the battle by taking out his prized Pokémon – his favorite Farsi,
Drop your precious pet and the prize will be a battle against a random Pokémon chosen from a specially selected pool of fighters – Nidoqueen, Steelix, or Rhyperior,
Finally, if you make it to the third and final battle, it will be time shadow mewtwoAnd our in-depth guide will guide you through each of these difficult steps.
Best team to beat Giovanni in Pokemon Go
Some teams that are balanced enough to keep Giovanni’s Pokemon alive under any circumstances Konkeldur, Mewtwo and Dialgaor even Lucario, Kyogre, and Giratina,
It’s worth noting that using the above Pokémon won’t guarantee success every time you encounter Giovanni. This largely depends on the attacks their Pokémon is using and there is always an element of luck involved when it comes to Pokémon battles.
Even if you lose to Giovanni, just make the right changes and study exactly what types of attacks his Pokémon are using. With the right strategy, even the great league Pokémon can beat Team Go’s Rocket Leader in-game Play,
How to battle Persian in Pokémon Go
Persian is a Normal-type Pokémon which makes it vulnerable to Fighting-type Pokémon. Accordingly, we recommend using your best Fighting-type Pokémon with the highest DPS stats.
Ideally, it should be any of the following:
- Lucario With Counter (fast move) and Aura Sphere (charge move).
- hariyama With Counter (Fast move) and Dynamic Punch (Charge move).
- konkeldur With Counter (Fast move) and Dynamic Punch (Charge move).
- Machamp With Counter (Fast move) and Dynamic Punch (Charge move).
- Breloom With Counter (Fast move) and Dynamic Punch (Charge move).
How to counter Giovanni’s Nidokane, Steelix, or Rippier in Pokémon Go
Nidoqueen is a unique Poison/Ground Pokémon that is vulnerable to Ground, Water, Psychic, and Ice attacks. It can learn Bug moves that are super effective against Psychic Pokémon and its Iron Tail fast move is effective against Ice-type Pokémon.
Accordingly, using the likes of Mewtwo and Gleason can be hit or miss depending on Nidoking’s first two attacks.
Water-type Pokémon are definitely the strongest against Nidoken and here are some of the safest options for you to consider:
- Kyogre With Waterfall (fast move) and Hydro Pump/Surf (charge move)
- muto With Confusion (fast move) and Psychic (charge move)
- gleeson With Ice Shard (fast move) and Avalanche (charge move)
- swamp With Water Gun (fast move) and Hydro Cannon (charge move)
Steelix is a giant hybrid of Steel- and Ground-types, but can be easily outdone by Pokémon in favor of Fighting, Fire, Ground, and Water-based moves in Pokémon Go.
You will suffer a lot if you use the following combinations:
- konkeldur With Counter (Fast Move) and Dynamic Punch (Charge Move)
- Reshma With Fire Fang (fast move) and Overheat (charge move)
- swamp With Water Gun (fast move) and Hydro Cannon (charge move)
- Enteri With Fire Fang (fast move) and Overheat (charge move)
Rhiperior is a Ground/Rock-type Pokémon that is extremely weak against Water and Grass attacks. They offer a double ‘super effective’ effect that essentially deals with 256% more damage,
None of Riprier’s attacks are effective against Water- and Grass-type Pokémon, which is why they are excellent for defeating:
- Kyogre With Waterfall (fast move) and Hydro Pump (charged move)
- swamp With Waterfall (fast move) and Hydro Cannon (charge move)
- Feraligatr With Water Gun (fast move) and Hydro Cannon (charge move)
- zarude With Vine Whip (fast move) and Power Whip (charged move)
How to beat Giovanni’s Shadow Mewtwo in Pokémon Go
The final challenge is Giovanni’s Shadow Mewtwo which is weak against Bug, Dark and Ghost Pokémon, which means you have some pretty cool ways to take it.
Mewtwo primarily uses psychic attacks and these attacks are super effective against Fighting and Poison Pokémon, which is why it’s wise to only use your strongest Fighting and Dragon-type Pokémon.
Here’s a high-priority list of some Pokémon that should work great against Shadow Mewtwo:
- Chandelier With Hex (fast move) and shadow ball (charged move)
- Darkrai With Snarl (fast move) and Dark Pulse (charge move)
- oppressor With Bite (fast move) and Crunch (charge move)
- yveltal With Snarl (fast move) and Dark Pulse (charge move)
How to find Giovanni in Pokemon Go
If you’re not sure where to find the trainer in the first place, we can tell you where you can meet Giovanni later. Getting the Super Rocket Radar in Pokémon Go,
Here’s how you can get this item:
- unlock Looming in the Shadows Special Research by completing an annoying situation,
- in the last (sixth) stage of walking in the shadowsYou will be asked to defeat Giovanni.
- Defeat Team Rocket Grunts To get six in Pokestops or Balloons mystery ingredient Which helps unlock a Team Rocket radar.
- Equip Team Rocket Radar Three teams named Cliff, Sierra and Arlo go to take down the Rocket Leaders.
- They’ll be hidden in hidden Pokestops or balloons.
- you will earn super rocket radar After defeating all the grunts and leaders.
- Equip it, and Giovanni should appear at the Pokestop. Beware of swindlers who only pretend to be Giovanni.
For a ton of other Pokémon guides, be sure to check out our guide on how to get Sylveon in Pokémon Go, along with a bunch of other guides for Pokémon Go and Pokémon Scarlet and Violet:
How to cure pokemon in pokemon go | Every new Pokémon in Scarlet and Violet | How many Pokemon are there? , How to beat Arlo in Pokemon Go | How to beat Giovanni in Pokemon Go | How to battle a fashion challenger at Pokémon Go Fashion Week | Best Pokémon for PvP battles in Pokémon Go | How to revive in pokemon go. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Difference | pokemon go best raiders ranking
Image credit: Niantic / The Pokemon Company