Fortnite’s first major update for Chapter 4 is here, with update 23.10 bringing the Winterfest event, unveiling classic holiday items, bringing Season 1’s Super Styles, and more.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 arrived on December 4th, bringing game-changing updates to the engine, Reality Augment perk, Shockwave Hammer and even The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia.
The devs haven’t let Fortnite rest for long, and the first major update for Season 1 has arrived with v23.10. This update brings with it lots of free cosmetics to unlock the Winterfest event, classic items to unlock, and more.
Here are the full patch notes for Fortnite’s 23.10 update.
Winterfest comes to Fortnite 23.10
fortnite chapter 4’s 23.10 Update Epic’s Battle Royale brings back the fan-favorite Winterfest event, bringing holiday cheer and free rewards.
During the Winterfest event, Fortnite players can open a new total gift every day 17 Free Rewards. These include Arctic Adeline and sled ready guff outfits as well as gliders, raps, a pickaxe and more.
That’s not all though, as Fortnite players can also claim a free Guff Gringle outfit by launching the game via the Epic Games Launcher during Winterfest, and Fortnite crew members get chill-la-la-llama backbling. Plus, playing with five different friends until before January 6th, 2023, grants the Curling Iron emote.
Fortnite 23.10 Unlocked Snowball Launchers And Holiday Presents
Update 23.10 – Two classic Fortnite Winterfest items have been unveiled in Snowball Launchers and Holiday Presents.
If you’ve never used them before, snowball launchers replace rocket launchers in the loot pool and fire explosive snowballs. Holiday presents can be thrown downstairs, and there’s high-tier loot inside.
Furthermore, Sgt. Winter will be flying around the map randomly dropping holiday presents, but, the dev advises players to “be careful not to get on your bad side…”
Fortnite 23.10 Update Buffs Reality Augments
With the 23.10 update, “the reality dictates that your teammates have all unlocked now has a chance to appear in your own selection,” helping out Fortnite players who haven’t unlocked them all yet.
Super Level Styles Return In Fortnite 23.10 Update
For Grindr, Fortnite has added Super Level Styles to the Bonus Rewards section of the Season 1 Battle Pass.
Progressing past level 125 will allow players to unlock “Divine, aeonAnd Halcyon Style for Halsey, Celine, Ageless, Dusty and Masai outfits.
fortnite 23.10 update patch notes
In case you missed it, we made several remaining adjustments in a hotfix on December 9th ET:
- Reduced the time it takes to capture a POI.
- Improved the accuracy and repeatability of the Tactical Pistol.
- Improved the fire rate and accuracy of the Maven Auto Shotgun.
- Reduced the equip time of the Thunder Shotgun.
- Reduced the player damage and hipfire accuracy of the X-Caliber rifle, and greatly reduced the damage it takes to the environment.
- Increased the recharge time of Shockwave Hammer’s boom.
- Light Ammo now drops in stacks of 18 to 20.
Also, in the v23.10 patch, we have increased the amount of materials harvestable from several large stone objects around the island.
- Snowball Launchers, Holiday Presents!, and Patrolling Sgt. Winter is not included in the competitive playlist.
Major battle royale bug fixes
- For PC players, we fixed an issue that could cause rebinding of Reality Augments to only be available during a match.
- Voice chat settings changed in the sidebar will now be saved correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the overshield damage number was displayed in white.
- Shockwave Hammer will no longer damage players through structures/builds.
- Mobile players can now swipe through the Battle Pass and are no longer limited to simply pressing the arrow keys.
For more Fortnite, be sure to check out the Mr.Beast Icon Series and How to Get My Hero Academia Skins.
Image Credits: Epic Games