Having the best Overwatch 2 PC settings can be the difference between winning and losing, here’s everything you need to boost FPS and optimize your graphics with the best PC settings for Overwatch 2.
Overwatch 2, the long-awaited sequel to Blizzard’s 2016 hero-shooter, is now in its second season, bringing Ramatra to a roster alongside favorite heroes and new faces like Junker Queen and Sojourn.
Overwatch matches are full of mayhem, with wild abilities flying everywhere in the heat of the action. With so much going on, it can be difficult for your PC to cope, especially if it’s an older spec machine.
Thankfully, we’ve put together the ultimate Overwatch 2 PC settings guide to help you make the most of your hardware and boost your FPS during matches.
Overwatch 2 Minimum and Recommended PC Requirements
The first thing you need to know is whether your PC can run Overwatch 2 or not. Thankfully, the game isn’t too difficult to run, which means most computers should handle it just fine.
You can view the minimum and recommended PC requirements from blizzard Below
|Minimum PC Requirements||Recommended PC Requirements|
|cpu||Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 8650||Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 5|
|to hit||6 GB||8 GB|
|os||Windows 10 64-bit (latest service pack)||Windows 10 64-bit (latest service pack)|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD R9 380|
|disk space||50 GB||50 GB|
Best Overwatch 2 PC Settings
Now that you know your PC can run Overwatch 2, it’s time to dig into the settings and customize them.
In this guide, we’ll show you everything from graphics to video, and even some advanced settings that can make a real difference to your performance.
We’ve opted to stick to settings on the low end of the scale to maximize FPS in most setups, but feel free to bump them up if you think your computer can handle it.
- Display System: full screen
- resolution: This should be the native resolution of your PC in system settings like 2560×1440
- Field of View: 103
- aspect ratio: Aspect ratio of your monitor like 16:9
- Dynamic Render Scale: Close
- Render Scale: custom
- frame rate: custom
- Slightly higher than your monitor’s refresh rate as going too high can cause screen tearing.
- V-Sync: Close
- triple buffering: Close
- Reduce buffering: But
- Display performance statistics: But
- Nvidia Reflex: on + boost
- Display System Clock: But
- gamma correction: 2.2
- gap: 1.0
- Glow: 1.0
- graphics quality: Less
- High Quality Upsampling: Close
- texture quality: medium
- Texture Filtering Quality: Ultra – 8x
- Local Fog Description: Less
- Dynamic Reflection: Close
- shadow detail: medium
- Model Description: Less
- Effect Description: Less
- Light Quality: High
- Antialias Quality: LOW – FXAA
- Refraction Quality: medium
- Screenshot Quality: 1x Resolve
- Ambient Occlusion: medium
- Local Reflection: But
- Damage FX: error
- Kill Feed Display: But
- Play a sound when an enemy is eliminated: Close
- Play sound when teammate is out: Close
- Always skip kill cam: Close
- Snap Death Camera To Killer: But
- Achievement Display: both
- Display Tips: Close
- Show capture play of game UI: Close
- Display System Clock: Close
- Capacity Timer Ring Opacity: 100%
- Player Profile Strength: 100%
- Waypoint Opacity: 25%
- Response Mark Ambiguity: 100%
overwatch 2 pc file size
According to the Battle.net launcher, Overwatch 2’s file size is currently 28.30 GB,
Despite this, Blizzard recommends that players have 50 GB of space on their preferred drive, as this will be required for the installation of updates.
How to update graphics driver for overwatch 2
You may run into performance and crashing issues with Overwatch 2 if you don’t have the latest graphics drivers, so here’s how to update your GPU drivers.
How to update NVIDIA graphics driver
- Download GeForce Experience via NVIDIA.com,
- Open GeForce Experience.
- Select the ‘Driver’ tab.
- Click ‘Check for Updates’ in the top right corner.
- If an update is available, follow the steps.
how to update amd graphics driver
The recommended AMD graphics driver version for Warzone 2.0 is 22.9.1. If you have an AMD GPU, you can use Radeon Settings to update your drivers.
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Select AMD Radeon Settings.
- Click on the Home icon.
- Click ‘New Updates’ in the bottom left.
- Select ‘Check for Updates’.
- If an update is available, follow the steps.
Of course, not all of these settings will be perfect for you, but this should give you a good start. The more you play, the more you’ll be able to tweak them to give you the best performance and figure out what works best for your PC.
After you’ve implemented the best Overwatch 2 PC settings, be sure to check out some of our other guides:
Is there cross-progress crossplay in Overwatch 2? , Is Overwatch 2 Free-to-Play? , How To Play Overwatch 2 On Steam Deck | How to get Golden Guns in Overwatch 2 | How To Fix Overwatch 2 Different Version Error | Best Overwatch 2 Heroes | How to Join Voice Chat in Overwatch 2 | Who is the most popular Overwatch 2 Heroes | How to check your rank in Overwatch 2
Image credit: Blizzard