FIFA 23 players with the Controlled AcceleRATE type provide a good balance of both attack and defense. So here are the best and cheapest stars in FIFA 23 with controlled acceleration type.
Of all the new features in FIFA 23, none have changed the game more than AcceleRATE, which sees to it that the way players use their speed varies depending on their physical characteristics.
Longer acceleration types, such as Erling Haaland, had dominated Ultimate Team matches since launch. However, a major nerf in Title Update 4 has opened the door for explosive and controlled players to steal the show.
In this guide we’ll focus on the latter, picking out the best controlled players in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team as well as some ideal cheap alternatives.
What is controlled acceleration in FIFA 23?
Controlled is the most common acceleration type fifa 23, applies to players who have a consistent and predictable way of delivering their pace. While tall players will start slow and speed up over time, and explosives will quickly hit the mark before slowing down, controlled players serve as a midpoint between the two.
Any Ultimate Team card does not meet the requirements of the other two acceleration types will automatically fall into the controlled range. they are:
- Agility greater than or equal to 65.
- Agility minus Strength greater than or equal to 15.
- Acceleration greater than or equal to 74.
- Height less than or equal to 180 cm (5 ft 11 in).
- Strength greater than or equal to 65.
- Strength minus Agility greater than or equal to 15.
- Acceleration greater than or equal to 55.
- Height greater than or equal to 174cm (5 ft 9 in).
It is worth bearing in mind that special cards of the acceleration type can often differ from the player’s base card. This is due to the upgraded stats of promo items which can tip them into a different category.
Best controlled player in FIFA 23
Thanks to the nerf for tall players in FIFA 23, stars with controlled acceleration are starting to creep back into the meta. Luckily, since this is the most common AcceleRATE genre, some of FIFA 23’s biggest names fall into this category.
Check out the best controlled players in FIFA 23:
- Ronaldo – Icon
- Zinedine Zidane – icon
- Ferenc Puskás – Icon
- Ruud Gullit – Icon
- Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City
- Robert Lewandowski – Barcelona
- Kylian Mbappe – PSG
- Mohamed Salah (out of position) – Liverpool
- uncle sign
- Diego Forlan – Hero
- Rudolf Völler – Hero
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United
- Joao Cancel – Manchester City
- Jean-Pierre Papin – Hero
- Franck Ribery (Rule Breakers) – Salernitana
- Hyung Min Son – Spurs
- N’Golo Kante – Chelsea
- Marquinhos – PSG
Best cheap controlled players in FIFA 23
Many of the best controlled players listed above will set you back 50,000 or more coins in FIFA 23, so not everyone will be able to buy them right away. Luckily, there are some inexpensive options that are extremely effective but won’t break the bank.
Here are the cheapest controllable players in FIFA 23, all of which cost 5,000 coins or less:
- Marcos Llorente – Atletico Madrid
- Alphonso Davies – Bayern Munich
- Federico Valverde – Real Madrid
- Renato Sanchez – PSG
- Kai Havertz-Chelsea
- Reece James – Chelsea
- Marcus Rashford – Manchester United
- Jude Bellingham – Borussia Dortmund
- Joao Felix – Atletico Madrid
- Rafael Leao – AC Milan
- Leroy Sane – Bayern Munich
- Nuno Mendes – PSG
- Roberto Firmino – Liverpool
- Lucas Paqueta – West Ham United
- Darwin Nunez – Liverpool
He was the best controlled player in FIFA 23. We’ll be updating this page throughout the year as meta changes and more promo cards are released.
For more on FIFA 23, be sure to check out our World Cup Path to Glory tracker, and how to claim a free Twitch Prime gaming pack every month.
Image credits: EA Sports